Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 pkg. (4 oz (112 grm).) German sweet chocolate
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 1 pkg. (3 oz (84 grm).) cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) plus 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour (unsifted)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract
- Melt chocolate and 3 tbsp (45 ml) of butter over very low heat. Stir, set aside to cool.
- Cream 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter with cream cheese. Gradually add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar creaming until fluffy. Add 1 egg, 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour, and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar. Add baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour. Blend in chocolate mixture, 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla, nuts and almond extract.
- 1/2 Spread of chocolate batter in greased 8 or 9" pan.
- Top with cheese mixture. Spoon remaining chocolate mixture over toop and zig-zag through batter for marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 min. Cool.
- Originally from the Baker's German Sweet
Chocolate wrapper back in the 1960's.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.