Print Friendly Recipe
- A delightful glazed spice cookie
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cloves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk mixed with
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Combine ingredients in order.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) 8 to 10 minutes.
- Glaze while hot if desired.
- To make the glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in water until the consistency of a thick syrup.
- Add more powdered sugar it gets too thin.
- A family tradition around Christmas time - one of Uncle John's
favorites as a child.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.