Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 large leeks
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream (or light canned milk)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped chives (optional)
- Trim the root end of the leeks, then cut off and discard about 1/2 of the green stems. Slit the leeks several times lengthwise from the stem and rinse well under cold water. Chop the leeks and cook them with the onion in butter. Cook three minutes, stirring.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Simmer about 15 min, or until potatoes are tender. Add cream or milk and bring just to a boil.
- Season to taste and serve hot, sprinkled with chopped chives.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.