Print Friendly Recipe
- Thee Bungalow Restaurant, San Diego, CA
Serves/Makes:18 6 oz servings
- 30 egg yolks (extra large)
- 3 cups (700 ml) cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) half & half
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vanilla extract
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Bring all liquid ingredients to a low boil.
- Slowly add hot cream mixture to eggs and mix vigorously.
- Strain through a strainer.
- Portion into bowls and cook in a bain marie for 25 to 30 minutes at 375.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.