Print Friendly Recipe
- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas via SusanM
- 35 oz (980 grm) skinless pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) green peppercorns
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) clarified butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove silver skin from pork. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Brown pork on all sides in margarine in skillet.
- Add shallots and peppercorns.
- Flame with brandy.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add white wine, beef stock, and brown sauce.
- Cook until done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pork, slice into medallions, and place on plate.
- Add cream to sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Pour over medallions.
- Serve with potatoes and two different color vegetables, such as steamed broccoli and broiled herbed tomatoes.
- This provides a very moist tenderloin. When
cooking, be sure to turn down the lights when
flaming the sauce. It's a nice show for the
crowd hanging out in the kitchen drooling.
Prepare this green peppercorn sauce with filet of beef (beef tenderloin) in the same manner.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.