Print Friendly Recipe
- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
Serves/Makes:1 9-10" shell
- Tart Shell:
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/3 lb (.2 kg) butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
- 1 oz (28 grm) bourbon
- 2 cups (475 ml) walnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sliced almonds
- Tart Shell:
- Sift sugar and flour together.
- Cut in butter.
- Mix yolks, vanilla, and water together and add to flour mixture.
- Knead well, then roll into a circle 1 inch larger than tart pan in diameter.
- Press lightly into pan, and trim so only 1/2 inch of dough hangs over top. Fold this edge over to the inside, and press with fingers.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown.
- Roast the nuts until golden brown. Be careful they don't burn!
- Combine brown sugar, honey, white sugar, and butter in heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil until mixture is carmelized.
- Add the cream and bourbon and stir well.
- Fold in roasted nuts.
- Pour into baked tart shell and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.