Print Friendly Recipe
- Rover's Restaurant, Seattle, Washington
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). veal sweetbread
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). foie gras
- 3 chopped shallots
- 3 tsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) walnut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 feet veal casing
- Peel all the sweetbread and slice the foie gras about 3/4" thick.
- In a hot skillet, drop the foie gras and saute for about 30 seconds on each side. Set aside until cool, then dice.
- In the same skillet, with rendering from the foie gras and walnut oil, saute the sweetbread until colored on each side.
- Add the chopped shallots and cook another minute.
- Put aside on a plate and sprinkle the chopped parsley all over the sweetbreads. When cool, dice.
- Mix diced sweetbreads with diced foie gras, put in a piping bag, and stuff in the veal casing.
- To cook sausage, put a nut of butter in a pan and heat on low heat. When the butter reaches blond color, cook the sausage until colored on all sides. Do not cook on high heat, or the sausage may explode!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.