Print Friendly Recipe
- Dickens Inn, Philadelphia, PA
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 large carrot, small diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 12 oz (336 grm) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry thyme
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) chicken stock
- 12 oz (336 grm) cooked bacon, small diced
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) cream
- 2 oz (56 grm) flour
- 2 oz (56 grm) butter
- salt and pepper
- puff pastry sheet
- egg whites
- Saute the vegetables until soft.
- Add mushrooms and chicken breast and saute for a bit.
- Add liquids, dry herbs, and bacon.
- Make a roux with the flour and butter, and add to thicken.
- Simmer until the chicken is done and the sauce is thick.
- Season to taste.
- Fill a baking dishes, and cover each with a puff pastry sheet.
- Brush the pastry tops with egg white.
- Bake until pastry is browned at 350 degrees (175 C.).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.