Print Friendly Recipe
- Dickens Inn, Philadelphia, PA
- 1 large fish carcass, cleaned well
- 4 stalks celery, rough cut
- 1 carrot, rough cut
- 1/4 onion, rough cut
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- Fish stock
- 1 small onion, medium dice
- 1 small carrot, medium dice
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Pernod
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brandy
- 2 cups (475 ml) cream
- salt and pepper
- Sweat carcass and other ingredients.
- Add 5 quarts (4725 ml) of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour.
- Saute the vegetables in olive oil until slightly browned.
- Add tomato paste and brown.
- Deglaze with Pernod and brandy, and reduce by 1/4.
- Add the stock, and reduce by 1/4.
- Add cream, and reduce by 1/4.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.