Print Friendly Recipe
- Nick's Fishmarket, Chicago, Illinois
- 2 oz (56 grm). Yellow Fin Tuna - cut in blocks
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- Mustard Sauce:
- 6 oz (168 grm). Grey Poupon Mustard
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) lite soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp (4 ml) dry mustard
- 1 medium green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- Mustard Sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then transfer to a bottle and shake well.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan, combine all ingredients, and saute for one to two minutes.
- Mix spices together, then season the tuna with them on all sides.
- Sear tuna on all sides in a pre-heated hot pan with 4 tbsp (60 ml) of olive oil.
- Slice the cooked tuna into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the sliced tuna on a dinner plate, spreading the tuna from one end of the plate to the other. Place cooked vegetables next to the tuna, and the mustard sauce in the corner.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.