Print Friendly Recipe
- Germaine's Restaurant, Washington, DC
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) sea scallops, halved
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) salt
- White pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups (950 ml) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blanched snow peas, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pine nuts
- Sprigs of fresh dill (optional)
- Marinate the scallops with lemon juice and pepper for at least two hours.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and process until smooth.
- Shortly before serving, toss lettuce and snow peas and half the dressing, and arrange on a platter or individual plates.
- Drain scallops, arrange on the bed of lettuce, and pour remaining dressing over them.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over scallops and decorate with dill sprigs.
- This recipe, a signature dish from Germaine's,
calls for the scallops to be marinated for
several hours to "cook" them. Their soft texture
and fresh taste are perfectly counterpointed by
the crisp snow peas and tangy dressing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.