Print Friendly Recipe
- Hob Nob Hill, San Diego, California
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) high gluten flour
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) cake flour, sifted
- 3 oz (84 grm) "cake classic" (same as salamac dry milk)
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) baking soda
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) allspice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) orange rind
- 12 eggs
- 42 oz (1176 grm) brown sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) corn oil
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sour cream
- 50 oz (1400 grm) rhubarb, chopped (fresh or individually quick frozen)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- From Chef Hank at this San Diego landmark.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.