Print Friendly Recipe
- Gaylord India Restaurant, San Francisco, California
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) onion, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) tomatoes
- 2 oz (56 grm) garlic, chopped
- 2 oz (56 grm) ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) turmeric
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) allspice
- 8 oz (224 grm). yogurt
- 1 oz (28 grm). green coriander, for garnish
- Allspice (In equal proportions, ground to a fine powder):
- cumin seeds
- Fry onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chili powder, paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Add yogurt and cook 7-10 minutes on medium fire until done (the oil separates from the mixture).
- Add chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with allspice and garnished with chopped coriander.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.