Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 oz (112 grm). Shitake mushroooms
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg) ground pork
- 1 pkg egg roll skins (25-30 count)
- 4 tsp (20 ml) oyster sauce
- 3 tsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) of oil for frying (canola)
- 1 egg beaten in a bowl (for sealing rolls)
- Marinate pork by mixing with 3 tsp (15 ml) of soy sauce and 1 tsp (5 ml) oyster sauce.
- Put marinated pork in hot wok, stir fry till thoroughly cooked, then drain.
- Dice shitake mushrooms, stir fry in wok, in a tsp of oil.
- Add drained pork to mushrooms in wok, stir fry for about 1 minute, mixing well.
- Shut off heat under wok, add bean sprouts, stir fry well to mix.
- Add 3 tsps oyster sauce (more if you'd like it a little stronger).
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Put pork mixture in a large bowl.
- Working with one wrapper at a time,
- Put a wrapper in front of you diamond shaped.
- Put a heaping tbsp of filling towards the back of wrapper.
- Take back of wrapper, fold over the top of filling, pulling back lightly and firmly.
- Roll wrapper once, use egg to coat edges, continue to roll firmly.
- Repeat this with all the wrappers.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees (175 C.) in wok.
- Fry about 3 to 4 rolls at a time
- When they are golden brown, remove and drain.
- They can be eaten whole or cut into thirds and used as appetizers.
- These spring rolls are from a small chinese
village off the coast of China.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.