Print Friendly Recipe
- marjorie ameen
- Meat mixture:
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork
- l lb. ground beef
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground comino seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup (225 ml) meat stock
- Paste mixture:
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tamalina or cornbread mix
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). crisco or other lard
- 4 tsp (20 ml) salt
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) hot stock
- 50 corn husks
- Meat Mixture:
- Boil meat in 2 quarts (1900 ml) of water about 30 minutes.
- Drain and reserve stock.
- Add all the seasonings and 1 cup (225 ml) stock and mix well.
- Paste mixture:
- Mix crisco and tamalina with mixer.
- Add salt and stock. This makes a thick paste..
- Soak 50 corn husks in water several hours to soften.
- Apply paste with knife onto husk about 1/8 inch thick, making sure it covers at least 3/4 of the husk.
- Put a tbsp of meat mixture onto husk and roll it up. The empty end of husk needs to be folded under. Make sure your roll is loose to allow for rising during cooking..
- Place seam side down in steamer, or bundle in 6's.
- Steam over boiling water for 1 hour.
- I usually add more red pepper and paprika to the water bath. It makes it spicier.
Chicken can also be used instead of beef.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.