Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper - chopped
- 2 (or more) cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) MSG (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- chopped jalapeno pepper to taste (1 or 2)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coarse ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) chicken boullion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped coarse
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) green beans (1 inch slices)
- 2 cups (475 ml) peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) (or less) reserved tomato juice
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) clam juice
- 2 10-1/2 oz (294 grm) cans chicken stock
- 4 large carrots sliced bite size
- 6 oz (168 grm) fresh or canned conch (may substitute clams)
- juice one lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Saute onions and bell pepper in butter until onion is transparent.
- Add garlic, garlic salt, MSG, jalepeno, thyme, curry, paprika and bullion.
- Heat for a few minutes to release aroma and the taste of the herbs and spices.
- Add tomatoes, wine, chicken stock, and 2 cans water, tomato juice and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add balance of vegatables.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
- At this point soup can be refrigerated overnight (the flavors blend) and reheated later.
- Add conch (or clams) and lemon juice.
- Serve garnished with parsley, with hard crust french or sourdough bread.
- From the gulf coast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.