Print Friendly Recipe
- Tammye Jo Barlow
- 4 medium bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, chopped
- (walnuts for garnish - optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease loaf pan, or spray with Pam.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine by hand (but don't over mix) until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Mixture will appear lumpy, but avoid urge to continue mixing.
- Pour into your loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn out on a rack and cool before slicing.
- Before putting pan in oven, I like to add a handful more nuts down center for garnish.
- **Note: If you are baking both loaves at the same time, your cooking time will take about 15 minutes longer.
- Here in Louisiana, we love good food, good company, and good fun. I
have been cooking since I was ten years old. This recipe was the first
thing I ever "mastered"" without any assistance from anyone. It is so
simple, even a 10 year old can do it. It smells so wonderful in your
house when it is baking, and it freezes well...so if you only want one
loaf now, the other will wait for you till later. I hope you like it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.