Print Friendly Recipe
- A Mexican style chicken casserole
- Cherie Hoeppner
- 4 skinned boneless chicken breasts
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 large can ortega green chilis, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cooking oil
- 4 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 4 cups (950 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cups (950 ml) grated Jack cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake chicken breasts at 350 degrees (175 C.) until done (about 30 minutes).
- Cool chicken slightly, and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- On stovetop, combine chopped chilis, chopped onion, cooking oil, soup, and milk.
- Heat through and then stir in chicken.
- In 13 X 9 inch baking dish, spread small amount of soup mixture across bottom, just to coat.
- Tear tortillas into 2 inch wide strips and layer in bottom of pan to cover.
- Top with more soup mixture and 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Repeat process twice, ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, and cut into square servings.
- Top with sour cream.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.