Print Friendly Recipe
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). trimmed brisket
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) groumd oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beef fat (trimmed from brisket)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) catsup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (90 C.).
- Rub garlic into both sides of brisket.
- Spoon liquid smoke over both sides of brisket.
- Combine remaining seasoning in small bowl and mix well.
- Rub into brisket.
- Place brisket fat side up, on large piece of aluminun foil,wrap tightly and placed in a shallow roasting pan.
- (The meat can be smoked in smoker at this point, if preferable, eliminating the foil and liquid smoke).
- Bake in 200 degree (90 C.) oven until tender about 8 hours.
- Remove from oven and slice across grain into thin slices and serve with barbecue sauce on the side.
- Barbecue Sauce:
- Render fat in small skillet over low heat - about 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted fat to medium sauce pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over low heat until thick--about 1 hour.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.