Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 pound sweet chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup (125 ml) any sweet liqueur
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) sugar
- Separate eggs.
- Cut chocolate in pieces.
- Place chocolate in double boiler.
- Let chocolate melt over low heat.
- Put yolks in saucepan or over double boiler.
- Add water to yolks.
- Beat continually with wire whisk.
- When yolks thicken, add liqueur.
- Beat till sauce resembles a hollandaise.
- Remove from heat, add melted chocolate.
- Fold together.
- Beat heavy cream in blender/processor till stiff.
- Add 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar near the end.
- Add this to chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites in blender till soft peaks form.
- Add remaining sugar to whites and beat till stiff.
- Fold this into the mousse.
- Pour mousse in bowls and let set in fridge.
- I detest anything with the slightest amount of
sugar in it, including all remotely sweet fruits
-- but THIS mousse, I savor...
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.