Print Friendly Recipe
- Emily Mullens
- 1 quart (950 ml) chopped cabbage (about one small head)
- 3 cups (700 ml) cauliflowerets (about one med. head)
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped green tomatoes (about 4 med)
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped sweet green peppers (about 4 small)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopeed sweet red peppers (about 2 small)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). celery seed
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). tumeric
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ginger
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) vinegar
- Combine vegtables; sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand 4-6 hours in a cool place.
- Rinse and drain again.
- Combine sugar and spices and vinegar in large saucepan.
- Simmer 10 min.
- Add veggies; simmer additional 10 min. Bring to a boil.
- Pack hot relish into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- No idea where this came from...my dad made this
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.