Print Friendly Recipe
- 3-1/2 pounds green tomatoes, halved & quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 ml), curry powder
- 1/2 pound apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 quart (950 ml) cider vinegar
- 4 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cloves
- 1 pound brown sugar
- Put allspice and cloves in a cloth bag (or tie in a double thick pice of cheesecloth.
- Put everything together in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat and continue cooking until chutney turns a brown color.
- Can in the regular way or put in small fancy jars and give as gifts.
- Note: If chutney is to be put up in sealed jars, this should be done while it is still hot.
- Old English recipe that I brought from home.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.