Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 quarts (3775 ml) sweet cider
- 2-1/2 quarts (2375 ml), tart apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- Spices if desired, cinnamon, cloves, ginger
- Boil cider until has been reduced to 2 quarts (1900 ml).
- Add apples and cook until very tender.
- Put through a colander.
- Add sugar and spices and cook until thick.
- Stir to prevent from burning.
- Pour into clean hot jars and seal.
- Makes 3 pints.
- An old Southern recipe passed to me from my mother-in-law.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.