Print Friendly Recipe
- Green Salad with Avocado and Papaya
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon or lime, juice only (optional)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) jicama, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe papaya
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 4 cups (950 ml) mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) slivered basil leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Chinese chili sauce
- Seed, peel, and thinly slice avocado. If done ahead, squeeze a little lemon or lime juice over the avocado.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Peel and seed the papaya and slice thinly.
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and chop.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, and shake or stir well.
- On each salad plate, fan sections of avocado, tomato, jicama, and papaya over bed of greens.
- Spoon dressing over the salad, sprinkle on the peanuts and serve at once.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.