Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) (more if needed) cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Coat the chicken with a mixture of the flour, salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In a large pan, saute' the almonds in the butter until golden. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add the chicken to pan drippings and brown.
- Transfer to baking dish and arrange single layer.
- Pour off any remaining fat from pan.
- Add the orange juice concentrate, water, rosemary, and thyme; bring to a boil, scraping up any bits of bottom.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Pour sauce into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstartch with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the sauce.
- Whisk back into the pan and continue cooking until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Arrange chicken on platter.
- Mask with the sauce and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.