Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes: 2 12-inch rounds
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 8 cups (1900 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml) salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) warm water
- Olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water. Set aside until bubbly.
- Mix the flour, the 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and remaining water.
- Either by machine or hand, knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Place in a large greased bowl.
- Cover and place in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Punch down the dough.
- Place on a large baking sheet and flatten to 1/2 inch.
- Make indentations in the dough with your thumb.
- Brush evenly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.