Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 4 tsp (20 ml) butter
- 4 tsp (20 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) celery seed
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives
- In a large saucepan, simmer carrots and onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Blend in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in the milk and chicken stock and stir until thickened.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, wine Worcestershire sauce, and celery seed to the stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese and stir until just melted. Do not let it boil.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.