Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 cups (950 ml) cooked long grain white rice, cold
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) corn oil or peanut oil
- chicken stock, if needed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry sherry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced barbecued pork
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms (approx.), soaked to soften and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced green onions or chopped Chinese parsley
- Stir the rice gently with a 2-pronged fork to separate the grains.
- Heat oil, add rice, and stir gently to heat through, adding up to 3 tbsp (45 ml) chicken stock if rice seems too dry.
- Add soy sauce, salt, sugar, and sherry, mixing well.
- Make a well in center and add eggs.
- Cook until eggs begin to set, and then blend into rice.
- Toss in pork, peas, and mushrooms.
- Heat through, garnish with green onions or Chinese parsley, and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.