Print Friendly Recipe
- 10 minute - Brilliant yellow curry sauce.
- Susan Holden
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- Your choice of fresh or dried pasta, fettucinni works well.
- Splash of olive oil for pan
- 1 small to medium onion
- 2 large diced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine or more chicken stock
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) curry powder
- dash of sugar
- pinch of dry chili peppers, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- diced red peppers
- grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream (use skim milk if counting calories).
- pinch of chili peppers, dried or fresh
- dash of sugar
- Begin boiling water for pasta.
- Finely dice onion and garlic and place in deep sauce pan; saute until just transluscent.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock or wine; simmer for two minutes on medium heat.
- Add curry to taste, chili peppers and sugar.
- On low heat, reduce sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add butter; stir in and slowly add cream.
- Simmer sauce until you have desired consistency.
- Stir in parmesan.
- While sauce is simmering, cook the pasta.
- Drain pasta, stir in sauce, coat and serve.
- Garnish with a diced red pepper in center of plate and or parsley.
- This sauce can also be used on chicken, fish or rice. Most kids will eat
it if you go light on the curry. It is a brilliant yellow color which
seems to appeal to them. For dinner guest it is elegant and goes
beautifully with a oil and vinegarette salad. You can use all chicken
stock if you don't have wine. The beuty of this dish is that most of
the ingredients can be found in your cupboard and it can be made within
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.