Print Friendly Recipe
- Faith Friddle
- 1 25 lb (11.4 kg). ham
- 1 pint salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- Mix all spices together and rub ham vigorously on skin side until spices are moist. Rub ingredients real good everywhere else. Let ham lay in a cool dark place for six to eight weeks. Then wash excess spices off. Place ham in a cloth bag (I use a white pillow case).
- Hang bag until early summer.
- Then, let's eat it.
- This is my husband mother's recipe. Be sure the ham is freshly killed
and still warm inside to insure the salt will absorb to keep the ham from
spoiling. Hope you enjoy.
-Faith, Whitsett, N. C.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.