Print Friendly Recipe
- Shelley Rizzo
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix eggs and vanilla till blended. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, chocolate chips, and almonds in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix while dry to combine ingredients.
- Slowly add the egg mixture on low speed and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Do the last bit of kneading by hand and incorporate all of the flour mix.
- Roll the dough into 2 logs, each about 12 inches long.
- Place them on a baking sheet at least three inches apart from each other and 2 inches from the sides of the baking pan.
- Flatten the tops slightly.
- Bake until the sides are firm and the tops are cracked and no longer wet-looking, about 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Cut the logs into slices 3/4 inch thick.
- Place them, a cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti until dry and firm, about 25 minutes.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.