Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large tin of crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mixed herbs
- 1 large eggpant
- vegetables of your choice eg: brocolli, zuchini, squash, mushrooms
- lasagne sheets, or lightly boiled lasagne noodles
- Place tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and herbs in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice eggplant into round slices.
- Place on board and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse salt off and pat dry.
- Cook until tender, set aside.
- Chop veggies, and cook until tender, set aside.
- Add herbs and garlic according tomato sauce to taste.
- Set aside a few tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Mix tomato sauce and veggies in a bowl.
- Place layers of lasagne sheets and tomato/veggie mixture in an oblong dish.
- Begin with mixture, then a layer of pasta sheets.
- Top with the slices of eggplant, and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake about 356 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Lasagne is cooked when pasta sheets are aldente.
- The dish may need to be covered to prevent drying out.
- This is a great basic lasagne -- my roommate and I created a variation
by adding a layer to the assembly: We marinated a (10 or 12-ounce?)
package of tofu in vegetarian boullion for an hour, then food-processed
it with a pound of spinach. This made a wonderful ricotta-like filling
to layer in the lasagne, and could be used for other filled pastas,
such as stuffed shells or manicotti.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.