Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). beef tenderloin or sirloin steak, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz (294 grm).) condensed beef broth (bouillon)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). tomato paste
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream
- 4 cups (950 ml) hot cooked noodles
- Cut meat across the grain into 1/2 inch strips, about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, then remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook meat until light brown.
- Reserving 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the broth, stir in remaining broth, the tomato paste, garlic and salt.
- Cover, simmer 15 minutes.
- Blend reserved broth and flour; stir into meat mixture.
- Add mushrooms and onion.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in sour cream; heat, but do not boil or the sour cream will curdle.
- Serve over noodles.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.