Print Friendly Recipe
- Best Green Beans
- Karen Jourdan Bauch
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) green beans (canned, frozen, or fresh will do)
- 3 pieces salt cured bacon or 2 inch cube of lard or salt pork.
- 1 chopped onion (optional)
- If using fresh beans, wash thoroughly.
- Fry bacon or lard or salt pork until you can see quite a bit of grease.
- Be careful not to burn the seasoning meat.
- Add green beans and cover with water.
- Water level should be higher than beans.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for at least 2 hours.
- After beans have simmered for at least 2 hours, uncover and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil until there is hardly any water left in the beans.
- This is my mom's recipe. At family gatherings she is always asked to bring
green beans, and they are delicious. I don't usually add salt to these at
the table.......they don't need it!!! Enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.