Print Friendly Recipe
- This recipe doesn't contain ground beef, but I don't think that the Olive Garden recipe does either.
- Erin M.
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). olive oil
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). plus 1 tsp (5 ml). rosemary, crumbled
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz (84 grm). rotini pasta or fusilli
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). zucchini, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). plus 1 tsp (5 ml). grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and rosemary.
- Simmer 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) of stock.
- Combine remaining stock with 2/3 cup (150 ml) kidney beans in a blender and puree.
- Transfer puree to tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and zucchini.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parmesan.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.