Print Friendly Recipe
- Snails in garlic butter
- John Driscoll
- 4 oz (112 grm). softened butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). white wine or champagne
- 1 dozen snails and shells
- Cream butter.
- Add all ingredients, except snails, mix until well blended.
- Put a bit of butter mixture in each shell then add snail.
- Cover snail with dollop of butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 10 min until bubbly and begining to brown.
- Makes one dozen.
- Serve with plenty of French bread to sop up the butter!
- I'm not a purist when it comes to fixing these. It's actually much easier
to use specially made ceramic escargot plates that have indentations for
snails and butter. Not as charming as the shells but a lot easier to
I love these critters. Did you know that one of the snail's favorite foods
is artichokes? Almost a complete meal!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.