Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 as a very rich starter
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) chicken stock or vegetable stock, well flavored
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (225 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml). honey
- 1 can (13 oz (364 grm).) evaporated milk or 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Chopped dry-roasted salted or honey-roasted peanuts for garnish
- In a soup pot combine the stock, onion, carrot, celery, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the stock, discarding the vegetables and bay leaf.
- Return stock to the pot and stir in the peanut butter. It may look curdled at first, but will smooth out.
- Stir in honey and evaporated milk.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley and peanuts.
- This recipe comes from Soup and Bread cookbook. It is a country inn
cookbook and has many wonderful soup recipes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.