Print Friendly Recipe
- Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small rib of celery, chopped fine
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth
- 1 16 ounce can white beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 16 ounce can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tubetti, or other small tubular pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- In a heavy saucepan cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring until it is crisp.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) fat, then cook the onion and the garlic, stirring until onion is softened.
- Add the celery, the carrot, and the broth and simmer mixture covered for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mash 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the beans, stir them into the bacon mixture with the remaining whole beans and tomatoes and simmer the mixture, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tubetti, simmer the soup covered for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and if desired thin the soup with water.
- Let the soup stand off the heat, covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, and serve the soup in bowls.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.