Print Friendly Recipe
- Similar to 'Beef Dip' sandwich
- Jodi Garant (Grande Prairie AB Canada)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). thinly sliced lean deli roast beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ketchup
- 4 tsp (20 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground red pepper
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can dark beer
- 6 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). hoagie rolls with sesame seeds, cut in half lengthwise
- carrot curls and olives (optional)
- Melt margarine in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic, and saute 2 minutes.
- Add roast beef and next 6 ingredients (beef through beer) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain roast beef in a colander over a bowl, reserving sauce.
- Divide roast beef evenly among roll bottoms, and top with roll tops.
- Serve sandwiches with reserved sauce.
- Garnish sandwiches with carrot curls and olives if desired.
- I found this recipe in a Low Fat magazine (Cooking Light-October 1997
issue) on day while looking for something new and interesting to make for
supper. This recipe is very tasty and so quick to prepare!!! Enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.