Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol N.
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cloves
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (16 tbsp (225 ml).)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) cherries (cut in half or quarters)(optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) of raisins (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream shortening, then add brown sugar and eggs.
- Put dry ingredients with the cream mixture and add 1 tsp (5 ml). of milk.
- Add the raisins, dates, cherries and nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 13 minutes.
- These are actually cookies. They are very popular where I come
from. I find if you put the cherries, raisins and nuts in together,
it makes a great cookie, but experiment for yourself.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.