Print Friendly Recipe
- A thick and Tasty Bean Soup
- Tony, ( The Wasper )
Serves/Makes:A pot full
- 24 oz (672 grm). of white or navy beans
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). ham
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic salt
- Remove as much fat as possible from the ham.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 3 to 4 hours, or until done.
- Remove and let cool.
- Remove ham from the bone, and set aside.
- Add the baking soda to a large pot of cold water, then add the beans. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Strain the beans and rinse with cold tap water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add ham, beans, salt, pepper, parsley, beans, and garlic salt.
- Turn down heat, and simmer for 3 to 4 hours, stirring every half-hour.
- The longer it simmers, the thicker it gets.
- This recipe is from my wife Donna, who is one great cook.
You can also use Navy beans in place of the white beans.
Just about any kind of hard beans will work, but the best is the white
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.