Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
- 12 oz (336 grm). New Mexican Long Red Chili Pods, dried
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) salt
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) garlic powder
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried oregano leaves
- 12 oz (336 grm). can beer
- Place dried chili pods in large stockpot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and cook until pods are very soft and stems remove easily.
- Remove all stems, but leave seeds (seeds are heat).
- Place softened pods in food processor/blender and emulsify until seeds are no longer visible.
- While processing, add all remaining ingredients, except beer.
- Once processing is completed, return sauce to stockpot.
- Add beer and cook down to desired consistency.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.