Print Friendly Recipe
- Elizabeth Riley in Bon Appetit, Sept. 1985
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) lime juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) green onion, minced
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). shrimp, small or medium, shelled and deveined
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Creme Fraiche
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) capers
- lettuce leaves
- lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) green onion tops, minced
- Creme Fraiche:
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 4-1/2 tsp (20 ml). buttermilk
- Combine lime juice, 3 tbsp (45 ml) green onion, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Mix in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate until shrimp turn opaque, stirring occaisionally, at least 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Make creme fraiche and let sit.
- Drain shrimp thoroughly, discarding marinade.
- Fold in creme fraiche and capers.
- Arrange lettuce on plates or scallop shells.
- Top with shrimp.
- Garnish with lime slices and minced green onion.
- Creme Fraiche:
- Combine cream and buttermilk in small jar.
- Cover tightly and shake well for 1 minute.
- Let stand at room temperature until thickened, about 8 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- I found this in my Meal Master database.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.