Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious cabbage leaves stuffed with ground meat
- Angela Creighton
- 1 head of cabbage, cleaned & cored
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raw rice
- 4 oz (112 grm). tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 4 oz (112 grm). sour cream
- In 6 quarts (5675 ml) pot, cook cabbage in boiling water until it becomes a little limp.
- Separate leaves as they become limp.
- Do not overcook as the leaves will rip apart.
- Remove thick vein.
- Set aside.
- Drain water from pot.
- In same pot, sautee onion in oil until it becomes transparent.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix together with meat, raw rice, tomato sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Put small amount of meat mixture in center of each leaf.
- Roll leaf around meat by lifting and folding the four sides.
- Put each in pot.
- Cover with tomato juice.
- Cover pot with lid.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Remove cabbage.
- Add sour cream to tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Pour some juice mixture over cabbage and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.