Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicate little pastries filled with walnuts
- Angela Creighton
- 1 pkg. (8 oz (224 grm).) cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 lb (.5 kg). walnuts, ground fine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 6 Tb. sugar
- confectioner's sugar
- For pastry, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl.
- With pastry blender, cut in flour 1 cup (225 ml) at a time until dough is thoroughly mixed.
- Shape into a ball.
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Divide dough in half.
- Keep one half refrigerated.
- Sprinkle work surface with confectioners sugar.
- Roll dough into 12 inch x 10 inch rectangle, adding sugar as needed.
- Spread half the filling evenly over dough.
- Cut into 2 inch squares and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Place seam side down 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- 130 calories each
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.