Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious quiche filled with asparagus and bacon
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 6 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml).. sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half and half
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- Line unpricked pie shell with double thickness of heavy duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Arrange the asparagus and bacon in the pie shell.
- Beat eggs then add cream, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake 23 to 25 minutes longer or until set.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.