Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cocoa
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan, or two 9 inch or 3 8 inch round layer pans.
- Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl.
- 1/2 Blend minute on low speeed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat 3 minutes high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan(s).
- Bake oblong about 45 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.