Print Friendly Recipe
- Pizza dough stuffed with sausage & cheese
- Angela Creighton
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- scant tbsp. salt
- 1 envelope yeast
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water (120 to 125 degrees)
- olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sweet sausage
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated romano cheese
- 2 tsp (10 ml). parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl.
- Make a well in center of bowl and add yeast to well.
- Add warm water on top of yeast.
- Stir until dough forms.
- Sprinkle more flour on dough and knead for 10 minutes or until dough is no longer sticky, adding more flour as necessary.
- Coat another bowl with olive oil.
- Transfer dough to that bowl.
- Rub olive oil on top of dough.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for two hours.
- Remove sausage from casing.
- Brown sausage, breaking it up with a fork.
- Drain fat.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out each half into a rectangle.
- Divide sausage filling in half.
- Spread sausage filling on top of each, leaving a one inch border.
- Fold short sides of dough in.
- Roll up long side of dough jelly roll fashion.
- Seal by pressing down seam gently.
- Place seam side down on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Can also make miniature size rolls, following basic directions.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.