Print Friendly Recipe
- Greek pastry filled with spinach & cheese
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:8 main dish servings
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). butter
- 1 onion (1 lb (.5 kg).), diced
- 4 pkgs. (10 oz (280 grm). ea.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed drry
- 1 pkg. (8 oz (224 grm).) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (16 x 12" ea.)
- In 12 inch skillet, melt 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except phyllo sheets.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Remove phyllo from package.
- Keep covered to prevent drying out.
- Lightly brush bottom and sides of 11 inch x 7 inch glass baking dish with melted butter.
- On waxed paper, brush 1 phyllo sheet with melted butter.
- Place sheet in baking dish, gently pressing against sides of dish and allowing edges to overhang sides.
- Repeat with four more sheets.
- Spread spinach filling evenly on top.
- Fold overhanging edges of phyllo over filling.
- Cut remaining 5 sheets crosswise in half.
- On waxed paper, lightly brush 1 sheet with butter.
- Place on top of filling.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes until hot in center and top is golden.
- 355 calories
21 g. fat
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.