Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 pounds of lean beef (round steak is good)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of onion salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of worchestershire sauce
- Remove fat.
- Partially freeze beef: slice very thin.
- Lay beef slices flat in a heavy duty plastic bag in a shallow container.(You may need more than one.)
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Pour over the beef.
- Force out as much of the air as you can and seal the bag(s).
- Marinate 24 hours, turning the bag over several times.
- Remove beef slices and place onto paper toweling to dry excess marinate.
- Discard marinate in the bag.
- Place meat in a shallow pan and bake at 140 degrees (60 C.) for about 4 hours.
- Check the meat often. It is ready when it is dry and will bend to a 45 degree (7 C.) angle without breaking.
- If it does break, it is not ruined: drier jerky will keep longer, it is just harder to chew.
- Store in a tightly closed container.
- From "Dogwood Delights", a fund-raising book of recipes by the Telephone Pioneers of America (chapter #84).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.